Issues of equality and diversity are central to the values that underpin work with children and young people and their families. The Equality and Diversity course enables learners to understand how these issues affect every aspect of professional life, how to challenge prejudice and discrimination effectively and how to promote empowerment.
What is equality?
Equality involves ensuring that every person is treated the same way and with fairness, regardless of their age, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion, whether they have a disability or are able-bodied.
What is diversity?
Diversity involves valuing the range of contributions that can be made by people from different backgrounds and working to create an inclusive environment for all.
About the Equality and Diversity course
Equality and diversity is an essential component of any role within children’s and young people’s services.
As part of this course, learners will be trained in the Equality Act 2010 as well as related legislation and codes of practice, which together form a basic backdrop to equality and diversity awareness throughout the children and young people’s workforce. Equipped with a thorough knowledge of equality and diversity legislation, they will relate it to specific situations in the workplace, learning how to spot instances of discrimination and understand how to act on them.
This short course on Equality and Diversity will help the whole workforce to empower children and young people in their care and support them to overcome prejudice and discrimination where it occurs.
What it covers:
This short course on Equality and Diversity is split into ten sections as follows:
- Identification and differentiation
- Equal opportunities
This course meets the Training, Support and Development Standards as outlined in The Fostering Services (England) Regulations (2011).
Available in other legislations:
For more information on the Equality and Diversity e-learning course, please fill in our contact form and we’ll call you back.
Or click here to download our prospectus.
You can also email us at email@example.com or call 01923 850408.
On successfully completing the Equality and Diversity course, participants will be able to:
- Understand issues in equality and diversity
- Identify key facts about equality
- Explain how diversity affects every aspect of professional life
- State how to find information about equality and diversity in the workplace
- Understand the different types of prejudice and discrimination which can affect children and young people
- Identify the different types of prejudice and discrimination which can affect children and young people
- Explain why it is important to work in a way which respects and preserves each child’s ethnic, religious, cultural and linguistic background
- Know how issues of equality and diversity are addressed professionally
- Identify key principles in promoting empowerment
- Explain when to challenge on issues of equality and diversity
- Identify effective interventions in promoting equality and respect for diversity
- Explain how you support and encourage children and young people to develop skills to deal with discrimination, enhance self-worth and make a positive contribution
- Explain how legislation and codes of practice relating to equality, diversity and discrimination apply to your work role.
Participants will receive a certificate on completion of the course, as a formal recognition of their achievement.
This course is also available tailored to the Education Sector
This course is available in Australian Legislation.
Foster carer, Carmarthenshire
I have taken lots and lots of e-courses through work and this is the best by far that I have accessed with much more relevant information and the test at the end being more thorough than is normal. I thoroughly enjoyed the course. Thanks.